Morningside Heights is located in the northernmost section of the Upper West Side. Despite its geographical location on the UWS, Morningside Heights is referred to by many today as “Greater Harlem.”.
Some also refer to it as SoHa, meaning “south of Harlem.” Before any of these names, however, the neighborhood was known in the 17th century as Vandewater's Heights.learn more about this neighborhood
#52Neighborhood popularity:based on Naked Apartments searches
- 42% Pre War
- 18% Walk-Up
- 16% Elevator/Laundry Building
- 7% Elevator Building
- 4% Luxury Highrise
~~~~~~ Email me to view this Jaw Dropping Place... Last Unit in the Building!!!!!!! ~~~~~~~
Shopping and Strolling
- Broadway, with its famous art galleries and high-end shopping, attracts the rich and famous. The window-shopping is delightful.
- Beyond First Avenue, long, tree-lined blocks blend modern apartment houses with hundred-year-old brownstones such as Gracie Mansion, the mayor's residence.
- Central Park, designed by Frederick Olmsted, is the heart of the city, filled with meadows, meandering trails, bike paths, playgrounds and more.
- Carl Schurz Park, a quiet oasis of green, overlooks the East River.
- Asphalt Green is a 5 1/2 acre sports complex with gyms, training facilities, playing fields and Manhattan's only Olympic-size 50 meter pool.
$2,100, Studio, 1.0 Bathroom
- Web ID: 1560422