Gurkan Aydemir is an exceptional communicator who has brought a tremendous amount of experience in people-related industries to his career in real estate. Since relocating to New York City from Istanbul, Turkey many years ago, he has come to know all the best that Manhattan has to offer. He enjoys sharing his exceptionally thorough knowledge of neighborhoods and apartment availabilities with his clients who gain from his expertise.
Gurkan is an energetic and honest advocate for those who engage his service to find a new home. He previously worked in the customer service/hospitality industry and was a salesperson for an export and import company based in New Jersey. His intrigue with real estate began when he bought a "fixer upper" condominium and sold it at a substantial profit.
Since 2005, Gurkan has been a vital link for those looking to rent or buy a home in Manhattan. He understands the complexities of moving to a new city and new country, and happily educates clients on the process to make their transition easier. His referral business has grown substantially thanks to his willingness to be of service, his engaging personality, and the great results he gets for clients.
Gurkan holds a degree in Business Administration at the University of Istanbul, and a Master of Science degree in Hospitality Industries from New York University.
1)“"Many thanks to you for your kindness." I just wanted to Thank you again got the fabulous apartment. i am really enjoying it here. Best wishes for the New Year.”
— Lynn Keeley, January 1, 2012
2)“ Tony (Gurkan) was such a huge help to us and was so encouraging and helpful to Caitlin! It was a huge comfort to Tim and I to have his extra attention to our concerns and Caitlin's questions. As you can imagine, having a daughter move to the biggest city in the country has been very stressful and we can't praise Tony enough for all that he did to make sure that Caitlin knew how to find the subway stations and offer her other advice for living in New York. Tony's willingness to go above and beyond expectations to accomodate our schedules, to make multiple trips to the apartment for measurements and photos, and to take extra time to help allay our worries is the reason Caitlin is happily settled in her new apartment. ”
— Anne Saloka, January 1, 2012
3) “Thanks to Gurkan (Tony) my roommate and I found a fantastic apartment. We came in with no income, good credit, and guarantors and they were totally willing to work with and get us the place of our dreams. I would recommend them to anybody!”
— Michael M., January 1, 2012
4) “I walked in frustrated and distrustful of real estate personnel from other agencies. He listened to what I said, what I sought, and became a positive ball of energy. His excitement grew reviewing possible properties to show. His instincts were spot on with details in each place. By the time I returned with Carson, Gurkan had all the paperwork ready to go... so important after being up since 3am, and needing to take the train back home to Philadelphia. He worked hard to make this work, and was very clear about the process. I love a straight-forward, positive man that loves his work! ”
— Tamarah Kent, May 3, 2013
5) “My boyfriend found Gurkan Aydemir aka Tony online through searching listings for apartments. I have to say he was so efficient and was not pushy like other brokers. I would highly recommend him to anyone else! We found a great apartment because of him and we even applied for the apartment before we saw it. We would not have done that except he seemed very trustworthy. It is nice to see that there are still brokers out there who want to give you a great experience, and treat you with dignity and honesty.”
— V.G., January 1, 2012
6) “My experience with Gurkan Aydemir was fantastic. I am glad I kept my Merrills on that day because keeping up with Gurkan was a hiking adventure. He showed us apartments within our budget and was patient and informative. We had a great time. Gurkan was a God send.”
— Elizabeh F., August 26, 2014
7) “Both my roommate and I found Gurkan and Greg's services in our recent apartment search to be very helpful. They showed us apartments on a few occasions and they were very good about listening to what it was that we wanted and moving forward from there. Our actual application and lease signing process after we found a place was very long and frustrating, not due to Greg and Gurkan but due to internal processes in the landlord's office. Gurkan and Greg were very good about staying calm through it and helping us stay calm. We very grateful for their help!”
- Priya, September 29, 2014